Thursday, January 16, 2014

NEIGHBORHOOD MURALS #1

There are a number of good murals and wall artwork in my neighborhood.

One I like a lot is on the corner of Polk & Post Streets.


I like it because it’s raw and visceral and speaks of pain and anguish, emotions rarely expressed n in public art. It's best seen in the morning sun.

I haven’t been able to find out the name of the artist who did this. He or she has done other wall art in the neighborhood, so if anyone knows who this is, please send a comment, so I can amend this blog post.

Another mural I like is this one by the Precita Eyes UYA Program at the corner of Hemlock Alley and Larkin Street.





It was painted in 2009 by the UYA Program of Precita Eyes Muralists, a San Francisco group that has been painting murals in the City for over 10 years. For more information about them, click here:  http://precitaeyes.org/


Indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment