Monday, March 3, 2014

FAREWELL, RED DEVIL




I had heard back in December that the Red Devil Lounge was closing, but when I passed by their location in January, there were still shows upcoming, so I assumed I had heard wrong.

Unfortunately, I didn’t, and it’s true: The Red Devil Lounge, which opened nearly 20 years ago and was one of the first (if not the first) black-painted buildings in the neighborhood, has closed.


Already, the interior is being torn out.

The letter posted on the window doesn’t mention why they closed. Neither did their Facebook page.



The letter from Jay Siegan & the Red Devil Family is gracious in its thanks toward the neighborhood and patrons.

I’m sorry to see them go. They had a good run and leave many good memories for many people behind.




Copyright © 3-2-14 by Chris Enquist


No comments:

Post a Comment