Thursday, April 9, 2015

GARBAGE CAN COMEBACK

Walking along Polk Street yesterday morning, I saw something at the corner of Pine and Polk that I hadn’t seen in years:


a garbage can.
I continued walking and couldn’t believe what I saw next:

another garbage can, this one near the corner of Polk and Bush.
I pinched myself to make sure I wasn’t dreaming.
Over the last several years, I had noticed and complained to friends about the disappearance of garbage cans on many corners in my neighborhood (which is why so many people end up leaving their dog poop bags and other trash in the streets and sidewalks).
Then, on the way home, I came upon this sight:

City workers installing yet another garbage can on another corner.
Be still, my beating heart. 

Copyright © by Chris Enquist 4/9/15

No comments:

Post a Comment