Tuesday, December 1, 2015

NEIGHBORHOOD MURALS – UNTITLED, CORNER OF POST & POLK (#21 in a series)


A new mural has appeared on the corner of Post and Polk, replacing one of my favorite City murals, below. 




I never learned who was responsible for it, and my photograph doesn't do it justice, but it was striking and raw in a way that's rare for public art. It almost screamed at you as you walked by.

It had recently been defaced with a graffiti scrawl, but not irreppairably so.

At any rate, an entire new mural has taken its place.



I don't like its replacement at all. It seems a pale imitation of the previous one, and too pastel. When I was taking this photograph, a passerby commented that he liked the previous mural better as well.


Copyright © by Chris Enquist 12/1/15

No comments:

Post a Comment