Friday, July 13, 2018

OLD NEIGHBORHOOD, NEW BOUNDARY


I published a blog recently on June 1 (“Where I Live –June 2018”)  where I said the southern boundary of my neighborhood (known as mid-Polk/Polk Street/Polkstrasse, etc.) was O’Farrell Street. 



About a week ago I happened to get involved in a conversation with two of the new millennial residents who lived in the neighborhood. To them, Sutter Street was the boundary where another neighborhood (lower Polk) began. The general sentiment was, the further south of Sutter one went, the more it became a different neighborhood.

The more I thought about this, the more I realized this was true. South of Sutter mid-Polk becomes Lower Polk. Their boundary was more up-to-date than mine.

So, this is an update to the June 1, 2018 blog mentioned above. The current southern boundary of my neighborhood, is Sutter and Polk (like I'm the final arbiter of this).


Sutter at Polk, looking south to lower Polk



Copyright © by enquist 7/12/18

No comments:

Post a Comment